Monday, June 13, 2016

HRN: 2016 Belmont Stakes Weekend: A Photo Essay

Each time I post a new article on my Horse Racing Nation blog, I post a notice on this blogThese notices include an excerpt from the beginning of that article and a link to the piece. My latest Horse Racing Nation article is. . .


"As my plane prepared for landing on my first expedition to New York City, I kept my eyes on the sights below me from my window seat, anxious to catch my first glimpse of the world-famous skyline. But an unexpected sight caught my eye instead. Below me was Belmont Park, the ultimate destination for my trip.

I gazed at the track below me – in awe of its size even thousands of feet in the air. I imagined Secretariat “moving like a tremendous machine” as he powered around the far turn to turn in the most impressive performance in horse racing history, as well American Pharoah – the horse who, a year earlier, had become the first Triple Crown in my lifetime. In wonderment, I inwardly told myself that I would soon stand at that very track to attend a Triple Crown race for the first time in my life – the 2016 Belmont Stakes (gr. I). . ."

Click here to read the rest of my newest Horse Racing Nation article.

No comments:

Post a Comment