Tuesday, May 3, 2016

HRN: Ponies of the Track - Slinger: More Than Just an Outrider

Each time I post a new article on my Horse Racing Nation blog, I post a notice on this blogThese notices include an excerpt from the beginning of that article and a link to the piece. My latest Horse Racing Nation article is. . .


"Sedona Cole is horse-crazy like many little girls, but she also owns a horse that is just as crazy about her as she is about him. That horse – a handsome AQHA palomino gelding named Sixshootingunslinger, or simply, Slinger – has also captured the hearts of many fans in attendance at Keeneland Race Course in Lexington, Kentucky, where Sedona’s father, Scott Cole, is an outrider.

“That is her horse,” Scott said. “She just lets me ride him.”

But Sedona is Slinger’s little girl just as much as he is her horse. It was clear from the moment the two crossed paths seven years ago that their partnership was something special – and it all happened by chance. . ."


Click here to read the rest of my newest Horse Racing Nation article.

No comments:

Post a Comment