Friday, January 22, 2016

HRN: Racing's Future: Mary Eddy

Each time I post a new article on my Horse Racing Nation blog, I post a notice on this blogThese notices include an excerpt from the beginning of that article and a link to the piece. My latest Horse Racing Nation article is. . .


"“Racing’s Future” is a Q&A series in which I aspire to help everyone in the industry. In addition to shining a spotlight on youth who plan to have a career in horse racing, I hope that the opinions expressed in their responses will offer industry leaders insight into what a younger audience believes the sport should improve upon.

Meet Mary Eddy

17-year-old Mary Eddy has been attending the races at Saratoga Race Course since she was an infant and for the past four years, she has volunteered for Old Friends at their New York location, Cabin Creek. In doing so, she has won two volunteering awards: The Thoroughbred Charities of America Youth Essay Contest and a local news station award for 13 teenagers who perform outstanding volunteer service in their community. Her essay for the TCA was published in The Blood-Horse in October 2014 and she was featured on her local news station for their award. . ."

Click here to read the rest of my newest Horse Racing Nation article.

No comments:

Post a Comment