Tuesday, January 20, 2015

HRN: Ponies of the Track - Buddy: The Spotted Pony

Each time I post a new article on my Horse Racing Nation blog, I post a notice on this blogThese notices include an excerpt from the beginning of that article and a link to the piece. My latest Horse Racing Nation article is. . .

Ponies of the Track - Buddy: The Spotted Pony


"Please enjoy the newest installment of my blog series featuring pony horses, Ponies of the Track: 


Buddy is a misfit. He is blind in his left eye. He is a cryptorchid, or what the Thoroughbred industry calls a ridgling. He is a wildly spotted Appaloosa. He is not always easy to get along with. But Danielle Rosier wouldn’t trade him for the world.

Registered with the Appaloosa Horse Club (ApHC) as Hunt N for Te, Buddy joined Rosier after his previous owners gave up on him. He had been used as a roping horse, but developed a habit of flipping over when backed into a roping box. It was time for him to find a new job.
 . ."

Click here to read the rest of my newest Horse Racing Nation article.

No comments:

Post a Comment