Saturday, October 1, 2011

Prayers for the Chestnut Blur

I grew nervous as the field for the Lady’s Secret Stakes (GI) headed towards the starting gate. I kept my eyes focused on Blind Luck as she went into the the first slot in the gate. An odd feeling was beginning to grip me. I felt as if something was wrong.

Blind Luck
Photo: Terri Cage
As the fillies and mares rounded the clubhouse turn, I didn’t like how far back Blind Luck was. My dread grew as the horses continued down the backstretch. Blind Luck had allowed Zazu to pass her and was dropping farther back. Finally as the horses came around the far turn, Blind Luck was nowhere to be found. She’d dropped several lengths off the leaders and there was no way she would be in contention.
For the first time ever, Blind Luck finished off the board. My little chestnut blur had become dull and finished last. I was extremely worried about the beloved filly.
HRTV viewers, including me, were told that Blind Luck had galloped out and come back fine, but that she couldn’t keep up and that something was amiss. I will have updates on her on my Facebook page, but for now, let’s all pray for Blind Luck.


Remember to like Past the Grandstand on Facebook and follow Past the Grandstand on Twitter! Links can be found on the right side of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment